https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/MBC_2484.jpg 848 1280 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2022-10-27 18:48:202022-11-15 19:48:51Prosciutto Dill Scones
Prosciutto Dill Scones
Jump to recipe
Prosciutto Dill Palmetto Cheese Scones
- 1/2 cup prosciutto chopped and dusted with flour
- 1-1/2 Tb chopped dill
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tb soft butter
- 1/2 cup Palmetto Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tb melted butter
- Sea salt
Save to BigOven
Recipe yields approx. 15 scones. The recipe uses prosciutto and dill, but feel free to add whatever additions you want to the recipe. Chopped sundried tomatoes and basil and Palmetto Cheese with Bacon would make for a great scone!
Recipe credit: Barbara Meyer
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Mix together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk and Palmetto Cheese and set aside.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and wet to the creamed butter.
- Stir in the prosciutto and dill until blended. Don’t over mix.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until 5/8″ thick and cut into scones. The mixture will be fairly moist, so make sure to use enough flour. It’s also just as easy to use your hands to get it to the right thickness if you don’t want to roll the dough. They can shaped into small triangles, squares, or whatever shape you like.
- Bake 425 degrees for 10 minutes or lightly browned on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- As soon as you remove from oven brush with melt and sprinkle sea salt on the scones.