https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/117644342_1431002147288796_429963715649053095_n.jpg 416 378 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2020-08-25 20:12:482020-08-25 20:16:44Summer’s Bounty Palmetto Quiche
Summer’s Bounty Palmetto Quiche
Jump to recipe
Summer's Bounty Palmetto Quiche
Category Entrees Fan Suggestions
- 1 Frozen deep dish pie crust par baked per instructions
- 1 small-medium zucchini sliced very thin
- 2 heirloom tomatoes sliced thin
- 2 ears of corn on the cob cooked, boiled or grilled then shucked
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked then crumbled
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère
- 1 cup shredded Romano
- 1/2 cup Palmetto Cheese
Save to BigOven
- Slice tomatoes and zucchini thin and lay on 3 layers of paper towels. Salt them to draw out excess water. Blot dry after 30 minutes.
- Par bake pie crust per instructions on the package. Let crust cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, pesto (or fresh basil with a little garlic), and milk until combined.
- Combine the Gruyère and Romano cheese. Add a thin layer of shredded cheese to the crust. Begin layering zucchini and tomatoes.
- Spread corn and bacon evenly over the vegetable layer.
- Add dollops of pimento cheese and spread with the back of a spoon carefully.
- Sprinkle a little more shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over the crust. Finish with zucchini and tomatoes and top with a little more shredded cheese.
- Bake 350F for 45 minutes.
- Make sure eggs have set and crust doesn't burn. Let set up for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.