https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/photo-5.jpg 1324 1200 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2017-07-07 15:52:122022-11-15 19:56:00Owl
Jump to recipe
Palmetto Cheese Owl
Category Cheese Balls and Shapes Holiday
- 24 oz. Palmetto Cheese - Original, Jalapeno, or Bacon
- Ritz Crackers
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (whole)
- 1 Cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 Green or Black Olive
- Pretzel Sticks
- Rosemary (optional)
Save to BigOven
This dish is a "hoot" to make and will give personality to any buffet table. You can substitute almonds for the pecans if you prefer and Ritz Crackers can be substituted with any round cracker of your choice.
- On a platter, shape Palmetto Cheese into a bowling pin shape.
- Cover your shaped cheese with chopped pecans and whole pecans for the belly.
- Stack Ritz® Crackers on the sides for the wings.
- Slice a carrot into a triangle for the beak.
- For the eyes, top a cracker with a round slice of carrot and a slice of an olive.
- Finish off the owl with pretzel stick feathers and garnish with fresh rosemary.