https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/IMG_6447.jpg 3024 3024 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2021-11-16 16:47:232022-11-15 19:51:03Tarts with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Tarts with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Jump to recipe
Pimento Cheese Tarts with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Category Appetizers and Dips Breakfast Holiday
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 10 ounces Butter, cold
- 8 Tbsp Water, cold
- 6 ounces Palmetto Cheese
- Pepper Jelly
Save to BigOven
- In a bowl, add flour, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to the flour.
- With a pastry fork, work in the butter until it is pea sized. You can also use a food processor and pulse until you get the same results.
- Add water and press together until the dough forms a ball.
- Cut the ball in half, wrap each half and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out one dough half into a 10 inch tall x 13 inch wide rectangle.
- Trim all sides so you have straight, clean edges. Set aside trim to be rolled later.
- Cut into EIGHT, 2 1/2 inch wide x 4 inch tall rectangles.
- Place a tablespoon measure of Palmetto Cheese in the center of FOUR tarts. These will be the bottoms. Spread out the pimento cheese slightly, but leave 1/2 inch border.
- With your finger, spread a little water around the border. This will help seal the top and bottom together.
- Place the unfilled top piece over the cheese and press around the border with your finger.
- With a fork, press down around the edges to seal in the cheese. Poke four sets of holes in the top of the tart.
- Place tart on a sheet pan with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Continue to roll and fill the remaining dough...including the trimmed dough.
- Microwave pepper jelly for 30 seconds to make it easier to spread and brush the tops of the tarts.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.