https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_1747-1.jpg 1600 1200 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2017-05-26 18:59:502022-11-15 19:56:26Turkey
Jump to recipe
Category Cheese Balls and Shapes Holiday
- 11 oz Palmetto Cheese - Original, Jalapeno, Pepper Jack or Bacon
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Mushroom Cap
- 2 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Broccoli
Save to BigOven
If you want something your family and guests will "gobble" up, make a Turkey! It's a fun project to do with the kids once all of the vegetables are cut. You can use whatever vegetables you like for the tail section.
- To make the head: Remove the stem and peel the outer skin off of the mushroom and discard. Gently press two peppercorns into the mushroom to make the eyes. Don’t press too hard or you’ll break the cap in half. Take a slice off of the red and yellow pepper. Make a small triangle with the yellow pepper and a small teardrop with the red pepper. To make the shapes lay flat on the mushroom, take a paring knife and slice some of the fleshy part off of each pepper shape by making a horizontal slice….just watch your fingers!
- For the body: Slice the bottom off of your acorn squash so it sits flat. A serrated knife works the best. Slice the top off as well and discard both pieces. Scoop out the seeds and scrape clean the inside of the squash. Fill the acorn squash with Palmetto Cheese. Top it off with the turkey’s head and you’re ready to start on the tail.
- TIP: when you purchase your squash, make sure to keep in mind how much Palmetto Cheese you are going to need to fill it up. Too big of a squash and you might need more PC.
- Now slice all of your vegetables. You can use whatever vegetables you like for the tail. The more colorful the vegetable, the better!
- For the tail: Begin with the outermost part of the tail first. We started with the zucchini, then layered on the yellow squash, red peppers, yellow peppers and then the broccoli. For the wings, just take a slice of an orange pepper and cut that slice in half. The pepper is curved naturally and will stay if you just lay it against the pimento cheese and press in slightly.
- Gobble! Gobble! Hope you and your family enjoys the turkey.