https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/IMG_7625.jpg 1800 1800 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2022-08-09 17:26:442022-11-15 19:49:04Sausage Pinwheels
Jump to recipe
- 11 ounces Palmetto Cheese, any variety
- 16.3 ounce package Pillsbury Grands (Sweet Hawaiian)
- 8 oz breakfast sausage (we used Swaggerty's Farm)
- flour for dusting
- pan spray for greasing pan
Save to BigOven
- In a frying pan, cook the breakfast sausage until browned. With a spatula or spoon, break up the sausage into small pieces. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly dust a counter with flour. Open up the Pillsbury biscuit dough and align the individual dough discs together so they are four wide and two high. Lightly dust the tops of the dough.
- With your fingers, press the dough together to fill in the seams of all open gaps.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 16" x 8".
- Spread 11 ounces of Palmetto Cheese evenly across the dough.
- Sprinkle the sausage over the pimento cheese evenly.
- Starting at the widest part of the dough, roll it up onto itself just like you would cinnamon rolls.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1" wide slices. This should give approx. 16 slices.
- Lightly grease muffin pans with pan spray.
- Place the individual slices into the pan(s).
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and serve!