https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/pcbites-2-e1649792246389.jpg 714 1065 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2017-12-05 21:05:312022-11-22 15:38:38Cheesy Bites
Jump to recipe
Category Appetizers and Dips Breads Holiday
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough (we used Honey Butter variety)
- 6 oz Palmetto Cheese - Original, Jalapeno, Pepper Jack or Bacon
Save to BigOven
These are great for a family get-together. You get 32 bites per can of Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough. You only need a little bit of Palmetto Cheese, so you'll have plenty leftover for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Roll the crescent roll dough out onto the counter. The dough itself has cuts in it already, but disregard those. If the slices are separated, try to push them together since we're going to cut ours into squares. Slice into 32 individual squares. It's easiest to use a pizza slicer if you've got one. The dough doesn't stick and it makes life a little easier. For 32, cut the dough into four equal parts by eight equal parts.
- We used mini muffin pans (tassie pans) to make our Cheesy Bites, but if you're making these in regular sized pans I would cut into 8 pieces.
- Place the individual squares into a lightly greased mini muffin pan. Scoop a teaspoon of Palmetto Cheese on top of the dough. These are tiny, so it won't take much Palmetto Cheese. This is also the step to add any toppings if you want (bacon, chopped jalapenos, olives, etc.). Toppings are optional and we made ours without any. A larger muffin pan is going to need a Tablespoon of Palmetto Cheese, but you'll be able to gauge it once it's in the pan.
- Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and serve! Note: you might want to make more than one round of these. They're a little like potato chips, once you've had one it's a little hard to stop.