https://pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-16-at-3.26.56-PM.png 681 1000 https://www.pimentocheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/websitepalmetto-cheese-logo.png 2017-08-16 19:29:382018-05-01 14:59:58Egg Rolls
Jump to recipe
Category Appetizers and Dips
- 11 oz Palmetto Cheese - Original, Jalapeno, Pepper Jack or Bacon
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, ground beef or turkey
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded thin
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 pkg egg roll wrappers
- 24 oz. oil for frying
Save to BigOven
- Saute breakfast sausage on medium heat until browned.
- Add in diced onion and celery. Cook for five minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrots to the meat mixture. Cook an additional five minutes.
- When the cabbage begins to wilt, add 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce and sweet chili sauce. Both of these items can typically be found in the oriental section of your local grocery store. Cook five more minutes on medium heat.
- Place mixture onto a sheet pan and place in the refrigerator or freezer to cool down. It's important to have a cool mixture when assembling the egg rolls.
- In a pan, add 24 ounces of oil. Place on medium heat and bring to 350 degrees. If your oil gets too hot, simply turn down the heat a little.
- Time to assemble your egg rolls. You will need a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in.
- Bring your cabbage and meat mixture out of the refrigerator and your Palmetto Cheese.
- Place one sheet of egg roll wrapper on the counter with the corner pointing toward yourself.
- Place a tablespoon of Palmetto Cheese in the center of the wrapper. Top with a heaping tablespoon full of your cabbage mixture.
- Take the left corner and bring it to the middle of your filling. Take the right corner and bring it to the middle. With your fingers, dab a little water on the tips of each of these corners. Dab some water along the edges of the flap farthest away from you (this will seal the roll once you wrap it).
- Bring the point closest to you up and over the top of the filling and continue to roll.
- Continue this process until you run out of filling. To speed things up you can lay out multiple wrappers and do several at a time.
- Now that you've got all your egg rolls made, place a few at a time in your hot oil.
- Fry on eat side until golden brown. Will only take a minute or two on each side.
- Place on a paper towel after they are done to soak up any oil.
- Serve whole or cut with a serrated knife on a bias.